For the first in our new series of product features, we’re sharing more information about one of the great products we stock in our shop – Lily’s Kitchen dog food.
What is it?
Lily’s Kitchen offers a range of wet and dry dog foods, plus a selection of tasty treats that are freshly prepared, include lots of healthy vegetables and minerals and are hypoallergenic. None of their products is based on dried meat or meat meal, which can be hard for dogs to digest.
The Lily’s Kitchen selection includes:
Natural and nutritious tins and trays
A range of complete and balanced wet food recipes that are gently steamed to lock in nutrients from their natural ingredients. They are all gluten-free to avoid bloating (and wind!) and the freshly prepared meat makes the food much easier on your dog’s tummy. Each recipe includes botanicals and herbs to support healthy digestion. Flavours include:
- Wild campfire stew: made with venison, pheasant and salmon. This recipe is highly recommended for dogs that may be allergic to traditional protein sources (such as chicken or lamb). This one is our personal favourite, as our Saluki Remy absolutely loves the flavour and it has helped to settle down his stomach allergies too!
- Beef, potato and vegetable dinner: made with 60% beef, plus potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans and apples. The recipe is grain free and ideal for dogs that are sensitive to rice or oats.
- Slow Cooked Lamb Hotpot: Ideal for dogs in need of a little weight-loss as it contains lower levels of fat. It also contains organic apple, organic brown rice, blueberries, pearl barley, broccoli and peas.
- Fishy Fish Pie with peas: this tempting recipe is completely grain-free and packed full of freshly prepared salmon, herring and turkey, with a mix of market vegetables and botanical herbs for easy digestion. With high omega 3 content, it’s great for keeping your dog’s coat and skin healthy.
Delicious dry foods
The crunchier kibble provided in Lily’s Kitchen’s complete dry food supports cleaner teeth, healthy joints and a shiny coat. All of the complete foods that they offer are entirely grain free and feature organic, natural ingredients to ease digestion. Flavours include:
- Chicken and duck: This recipe is bursting with natural goodness. It features freshly prepared chicken and duck, sweet potatoes, lentils, eggs, chicken gravy, apples, and a host of botanical herbs for easy digestion. It also contains salmon oil, which is a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids to keep your dog’s coat, heart, brain and joints working well.
- Grass fed lamb: With organic lamb, lentils, sweet potato, peas, spinach and a mix of botanical herbs, this recipe is ideal for dogs who need to lose a few pounds. It is Lily’s Kitchen’s lowest fat dry food recipe and provides all the daily nutrients your dog needs in one dry food.
- Venison and duck: This grain free recipe uses only freshly prepared venison, duck and salmon, together with carrots, blackberries, cranberries and spinach, making it highly digestible. By providing alternative proteins to the traditional chicken, lamb or beef diets, this recipe is a great choice for dogs with sensitivities or stomach ailments.
Whether you’re looking for tasty training treats to help with focusing your hound, super food snack bars to supplement your dog’s daily diet, or bedtime snacks to relax your dog into a sound sleep, Lily’s Kitchen’s range of tremendous treats is sure to fit the bill. The range includes:
- Natural snack bars: Hand-baked and full of healthy super foods, these snack bars come in three varieties – Red berry boost (cranberries, raspberries, Goji berries and rosehips), Sun shiny day (banana, papaya, sunflower seeds and dandelion roots) and Eat your greens (apples, kale, spirulina, wheatgrass and mint).
- Cheese and apple treats: These bite-sized natural treats are made with fresh organic apples and mature organic farmhouse cheddar cheese. They are low in fat, but tasty and full of healthy ingredients making an ideal day-to-day reward for your dog. (N.B. Contain oats).
- Bedtime biscuits: Delicious organic treats made with oats, probiotic yoghurt, honey, passion and chamomile flowers. These biscuits are oven-baked, hypoallergenic and wheat-free. With chamomile and passionflowers, they provide soothing ingredients that are ideal for helping your pooch drift off for a good night’s sleep.
Also available from Lily’s Kitchen is a full range of natural, hypoallergenic and organic puppy foods.
Who are Lily’s Kitchen?
Lily’s Kitchen was founded in 2007 by Henrietta Morrison. Her border terrier, Lily, was the inspiration for developing an organic, wholesome pet food that would help to fight the problems she was facing with itchy skin. Henrietta decided to cook all of Lily’s meals from scratch using organic ingredients with high nutritional content and was astounded by the improvement in Lily’s health.
Henrietta’s experience convinced her to launch a pet food business based on the idea of providing natural, organic and nutritious meals based on fresh ingredients.
Read more about Lily’s story at https://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk/lilyland/our-world/about-lilys-kitchen/our-story.html.
Why do you recommend their products?
- All of the ingredients in Lily’s Kitchen products are completely natural. They use fresh meat, rather than meat meal, providing a nutritious alternative to traditional kibbles and tinned foods. That means their food looks and smells good to humans too!
- All of their food is hypoallergenic, making it particularly good for dogs that have sensitive stomachs, allergies or skin problems
- Rather than sticking to recipes that rely on traditional proteins like chicken, lamb and beef, they offer alternatives such as venison, pheasant and salmon, which are more easily digestible and suitable for dogs who have developed sensitivities to those traditional proteins
- Each tin or packet of Lily’s Kitchen includes a whole host of natural botanical herbs that are great for your dog’s health. They support digestion, immunity, plus skin, coat and brain health
- They source their ingredients in an ethical way and all of their packaging is fully recyclable, including their dry food packs. They are currently the only dog food producer to sell dry food in a recyclable container
- We feed it to our own dogs and can vouch for its nutritious value. The organic, grain-free recipes have helped one of our Saluki’s to recover from sensitive tummy troubles caused by food allergies
P.S. they offer a range of natural cat foods too – if you’d like us to stock this range please let us know as we’d be happy to order it for you!
If you’d like to find out more about the products offered by Lily’s Kitchen and see which items in their range we have in stock, please check the dog food section of our website. Alternatively, if you’re thinking of switching to Lily’s Kitchen’s products and you’d like some advice, or if you want to talk through your dog’s dietary needs in more detail, why not call us or pop by our shop in Sellindge, near Ashford, Kent, and speak to our knowledgeable and friendly team?